First Meeting Recap!

Posted: June 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm

First, I want to thank everyone for coming out this afternoon. It’s very good to know that Mason has such a large and awesome WordPress presence on campus. Here is a brief rundown of the first meet up.

• It was suggested that we have a page of helpful resources brought up during our meetings. Please check it out here. If I missed anything, I apologize and please do not hesitate to drop me a line and I will add it ASAP.
  • We also talked about streaming the meetings live on Google Hangouts. I think this is a great idea. Please let me know by email if you think you can help with the setup and logistics. Ideally, I would like to get this set up by the next meeting!
  • If you haven’t already, please download, activate and run the Timthumb Vulnerability Scanner. If the plugin says you need to update your timthumb, please update it ASAP.
  • The Twitter hashtag that we will be using for conversation between meetings is #wpgmu Use this hashtag anytime you want to make a comment OR ask a question. Someone will get back to you with helpful information.
  • We will start having guest speakers in the fall. We will be having general meetings in the summer with more emphasis on people helping people (aka lab time). Please bring a laptop if you have one!
  • We talked about onmason.com. It seems like a fantastic hosting option for campus users. You must have a @gmu.edu or @masonlive.edu email account to sign up.
  • We also talked about building out a Mason general use WordPress theme and it seems that people are in favor of the idea. If you are interested in working hands on during the build, then please let me know by email. We will not only need designers and developers, but also copy writers.

Thanks again, everyone, for a great first meeting! We be in contact soon with the date and location of the next one.

Write to at

No Comments